Even in summer, it's important to pay attention to the addition of vitamin D, especially for you as a parent and your child. The sun is a natural source of vitamin D, but it's not always easy to get enough sunlight to meet our needs.
The best time to produce vitamin D through sunlight is in the early morning or late afternoon when the sun is not too strong. However, the problem is that many of us nowadays use sunscreen to protect our skin from harmful UV rays. This is, of course, important for protecting against skin cancer, but it also has the consequence of blocking the production of vitamin D in our skin.
Furthermore, children often spend more time in the shade or indoors rather than being outside in the sun. Our modern lifestyle often doesn't allow us to spend enough time outdoors to get sufficient sunlight.
That's why vitamin D drops are a good way to ensure that you and your child are adequately supplied with this important vitamin. They provide a simple and effective method to meet the need for vitamin D, especially when sunlight alone is not enough.
Remember to always consult with a doctor or pediatrician before using supplements to ensure you receive the correct dosage and usage instructions. Your health and that of your child are paramount!
Why is Vitamin D Important for Children?
Vitamin D is extremely important for children for several reasons:
- Bone Health: Vitamin D plays a crucial role in absorbing calcium from food, which is essential for the growth and development of healthy bones and teeth. A deficiency in vitamin D can lead to rickets, a condition that causes weak and deformed bones.
- Immune System: Vitamin D supports the immune system and helps the body fend off infections. It helps increase the number of defense cells in the body.
- General Health: There is evidence that vitamin D may also play a role in preventing chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and certain cancers.
- Mental Health: Some studies suggest that vitamin D may also have a positive impact on mental health and could reduce the risk of mood disorders like depression.
- Growth and Development: Vitamin D can also support normal growth and development in children.
It's important to ensure that children receive an adequate amount of vitamin D, whether through sun exposure, vitamin-rich foods, or supplements, especially if they live in regions with limited sunlight or consume few vitamin D-rich foods. The exact amount of vitamin D needed can vary depending on age, weight, and individual needs, so it's advisable to discuss this with a pediatrician.
Vegan Vitamin D3 supplement specially formulated for babies and toddlers, dissolved in organic MCT oil derived from coconuts. The included coconut-derived MCT oil promotes high bioavailability and optimal absorption in the body. The oily drops are easy to dose conveniently and individually thanks to the pipette.